Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- The LAD Bible takes No. 1 spot from UNILAD as March’s most popular video creator
Apr 19, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
After more than eight months leading the pack, UNILAD was knocked to the No. 4 position, behind The LAD Bible, Viral Thread and NTD Television.
- Google Analytics is adding a new home page
Apr 19, 2017 by Matt McGee
The new post-login landing page replaces Audience Overview and offers a snapshot of curated data from several reports.
- 5 ways your merchandising strategy is affecting SEO performance
Apr 19, 2017 by Stephanie LeVonne
How does your merchandising strategy affect SEO? Columnist Stephanie LeVonne describes the various challenges that can arise if you overlook the importance of communicating your merchandising strategy with your SEO team.
- Maximize your business’s Twitter impact
Apr 19, 2017 by Will Scott
Are you using Twitter to its full potential? Contributor Will Scott shares six tips to help you build and manage a successful Twitter page for your business.
- In-stream video ads have arrived on Twitter
Apr 19, 2017 by Greg Finn
Advertisers now have the ability to target in-stream (pre- and mid-roll) ads across Amplify partner video content.
- In final earnings report, Yahoo beats Wall Street with $1.3B in revenue
Apr 19, 2017 by Greg Sterling
More than 20 years of being a public company will come to an end this quarter.
- Pega adds conversational bots as front-ends for its platform
Apr 19, 2017 by Barry Levine
Called Intelligent Virtual Assistants, they are pre-built conversational interfaces for Facebook Messenger, Amazon Alexa, Google Home and other environments.
- Facebook now lets businesses match user IDs across Messenger and their own apps, sites
Apr 19, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Facebook previously gave businesses one ID when someone contacted them on Messenger and another when that person logged in to their apps or sites.
- [Reminder] Webinar — National Brands & Local Search: Use Insights to Drive Actions
Apr 18, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
With nearly one third of all mobile searches now related to location, the competition for visibility at the local level has heated up. Once a brand has submitted its data to data aggregators, then what? How can brands leverage performance metrics and data to measure their local search performance and take action on it?
- Facebook’s renamed analytics tool now tracks Pages, in-store purchases
Apr 18, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Facebook Analytics can track brands’ audiences on and off Facebook and target ads based on their cross-platform interactions.
- Study: Native ads beat display for driving visits to physical stores
Apr 18, 2017 by Barry Levine
Sharethrough and Placed combined efforts to get some sense of how much mobile and desktop ads drove in-store traffic.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
Copywriting, Design & Usability
General Internet Marketing
Internet Marketing Industry
- Facebook Exclusionary Best Practices, 3Q Digital
- How to Create Ads in Instagram Stories: Your Guide to Instagram Stories Ads, Social Media Examiner
- How To Create The Perfect Social Media Post, Crazy Egg
- In France, Snapchat takes the lead in producing political content, Digiday
- Instagram on Android Now Has Offline Functionality, Adweek
- Jay Stampfl: Facebook Ads and How to Make Them Work for You, The AdStage Blog
- Workplace By Facebook Is Growing Up Quickly, With Several Updates Announced at F8, Adweek