Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Attend SMX Advanced for SEO & SEM tactics that work. Rates increase next week!
Mar 28, 2017 by Marketing Land
For the past 10 years, search marketers have purchased every available seat for SMX Advanced. This year will be no different. Don’t miss this once-a-year opportunity to attend the only advanced search marketing conference, June 13-14 in Seattle! SMX Advanced is designed and programmed for advanced search marketers like you.
- SMX West session: Harnessing the power of online reviews
Mar 28, 2017 by Greg Gifford
Columnist Greg Gifford recaps a session by Thomas Ballantyne about the value of online reviews, showing why businesses need to start thinking about them if they aren’t already.
- Top 10 insights on local marketing at LSA17
Mar 28, 2017 by Wesley Young
Wesley Young shares expert insights about location marketing and local search from the Local Search Association’s 2017 Annual Conference.
- Preparing for local reach in a ‘post-rank’ world: Get your data in line
Mar 28, 2017 by Megan Hannay
How might voice search impact local businesses? Columnist Megan Hannay shares her predictions and provides some advice on how SMBs can prepare for a future without rankings.
- Pay-per-visit mobile ad model uses AI to predict store visitation
Mar 28, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Blis will charge marketers only for targeted customers who have gone into a store.
- Facebook brings more Snapchat functionality into its mobile app
Mar 28, 2017 by Tamar Weinberg
Facebook has come out with a variety of features to enhance videos and pictures that continue to blur the lines between it and Snapchat.
- IBM’s Watson helps turbocharge Rocket Fuel with more brainpower
Mar 28, 2017 by Barry Levine
The predictive marketing platform adds Watson to its existing AI so as to better understand the content where ads will land.
- Twitter to bring pre-roll ads to Periscope videos
Mar 28, 2017 by Tamar Weinberg
Pre-roll ads will be shown on both live videos and replays.
- Make me an offer: Rating the effectiveness of common email offers
Mar 28, 2017 by Jason Warnock
Free shipping or a percentage off fail to impress these days, so which subject line offers actually work? Columnist Jason Warnock discusses the email offers and messaging that will resonate the most with your subscribers.
- 7 powerful SEO & management tools to make your social media efforts more effective
Mar 28, 2017 by Jordan Kasteler
Looking to give your social media efforts a boost? Columnist Jordan Kasteler shares info about his favorite SEO and management tools so you can add them to your arsenal.
- Header bidding: What marketers need to know
Mar 28, 2017 by Ratko Vidakovic
What is header bidding, and how does it work? Columnist Ratko Vidakovic gets into the nitty-gritty of header bidding and explains the benefits for advertisers.
- Inside chatbots’ year of growing pains: ‘We’re at an inflection point’
Mar 28, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Chatbots in apps like Facebook’s Messenger and Kik have struggled to live up to the hype, but that might actually help them succeed.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Copywriting, Design & Usability
General Internet Marketing
Internet Marketing Industry
- 9 Ways to Refine Your Twitter Ad Targeting, Social Media Examiner
- ¿Hablas Español? Check out our new features for Spanish speakers, Pinterest Blog
- Facebook Ad Benchmarks – CTR, CPC, and CPA – by Industry, MarketingProfs
- How Instagram beat out Snapchat as fashion’s “social darling”, Digiday
- Millennials and College Students Prefer Snapchat to Facebook, Survey Says, Small Biz Trends
- Now people can download your app directly from Pinterest, Pinterest for Business
- Snapchat Wants Big Ad Bucks, But Is That Holding It Back?, AdAge
- The Facebook Ad Type With the Best ROI – The AdStage Blog, The AdStage Blog
- The winners and losers of Facebook’s dive into header bidding, Digiday