Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Report: Facebook activity dwindles in 2016, influencer marketing is up
Feb 13, 2017 by Tamar Weinberg
Mavrck has shown that Facebook activity has declined from 2015 to 2016, with fewer posts and engagement across the board.
- Performance and integration: The foundation of marketing technology stack success
Feb 13, 2017 by Jim Yu
As CMOs take on more responsibilities, columnist Jim Yu discusses three key strategies to help them develop a technology stack that will drive performance, convert leads and justify the value of an increased marketing budget.
- The impact (and lack thereof) of Google’s mobile popup algorithm
Feb 13, 2017 by Glenn Gabe
Back in August 2016, Google warned that it would be releasing an algorithm to crack down on interstitials on mobile pages. Now that the update has been live for a month, columnist Glenn Gabe shares his findings on the impact.
- Why brands should embrace UGC as part of their marketing strategy
Feb 13, 2017 by Travis Wright
Columnist Travis Wright says harnessing the power of user-generated content will increase engagement and consumer trust and ultimately drive sales.
- Report: Marketers like AI-based tools, but think they already have them
Feb 13, 2017 by Barry Levine
Forrester Consulting study confirms the idea that marketers want AI but don’t yet understand what it offers.
- Beyond the Like: Measuring Facebook Reactions
Feb 13, 2017 by Chris Kerns
Measuring content performance with Reactions data is trickier than with a simple Like, but columnist Chris Kerns explains how Facebook Reactions can bring you new insights to improve your content.
- Report: more than 13 million proximity sensors now deployed globally
Feb 12, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Kontakt.io the leading beacon hardware maker, Swirl the leading software platform, says Unacast.
- Google image search lead Randy Keller jumps to Pinterest
Feb 10, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Image search and discovery are at the center of the user experience.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
Copywriting, Design & Usability
General Internet Marketing
Internet Marketing Industry
- Advanced Facebook Page Insights: An Analysis Guide for Marketers, Social Media Examiner
- Build Your Social Media Army Before You Need It, Social Media Explorer
- Does Facebook Have an Identity Crisis?, eMarketer
- Facebook Ad Targeting: A Complete Guide, MarketingProfs
- Facebook Now Allows Gif Ads, Ignite Visibility
- How to Fill the Gaps in Your 2017 Social Marketing Plan, Simply Measured
- More than 60 percent of Snapchat users skip ads on the platform, Digiday
- Pros and cons of creating multiple brand Facebook pages, Econsultancy
- This very distressed purple bird is derailing conversations across Facebook, The Verge
- Twitter plans to trim down its ads products, TechCrunch
- Why Snapcodes for Business are a Promotional Game-Changer, Epicosity